In accordance with Chapter 42 of the Zoning Ordinance, prior to the receiving a permit to construct or alter the exterior of any public or private building, fence, structure, or sign, applicants must get design approval from either:
- The Planning Commission, or
- The Community Development Director (only for additions to single-family homes, accessory structures of single-family homes, and fences).
The purposes of the Design Review process are to:
- Improve the general standards of orderly development of the City through design review of individual buildings, structures, and their environs.
- Improve and augment the controls related to planning and building to promote development that is in the best interests of the public health, safety, and welfare of the City.
- Establish standards and policies that will promote and enhance good design, site relationships, and other aesthetic considerations in the City.
- Preserve and enhance property values and the visual character of the community.
For more information, contact the Planning Department