The Hercules Swim Center is a beautiful place that provides valuable resources to the community of Hercules, by providing a place for families, adults, teens and children to recreate! The Swim Center’s programs specialize in fostering human development, strengthening safety and security, promoting health and wellness, and providing recreational experiences.
"We create community through people, parks and programs!"
We will be taking registration prior to the starting date of each class. Late registration will be accepted with a late fee of $10.00 applied on a space available basis or by special arrangements with the Recreation Program Supervisor. Dates are scheduled in advance, and participants who are interested in taking the course are encouraged to register early by calling over the phone, online, or coming into the community center during office hours.
Refunds and/or transfers will be granted on or before the first class meeting. No refunds or transfers will be granted after the first class meeting. There is a $10.00 service charge on all refunds/transfers initiated by the participant. If the course is canceled by the Hercules Parks & Recreation Department, the participant will have the option of transferring to another program, or will be granted a full refund.
The department does not makeup or refund for any missed classes, unless the participant has a Certified Doctor’s Excuse stating the reason the participant was unable to swim in the water for the period of time. In order to receive a refund for the length of time unattended, the Certified Doctor's Excuse must have the current date, time, and length of time that the participant is unable to attend the class. All refunds will be reviewed by the Recreation Program Supervisor and will be processed upon request.
Public Swim Capacity Policy:
On extremely hot days we anticipate reaching maximum capacity, at which time we will no longer admit additional participants. Parties that are not registered with the Swim Center will not be allowed to admit guests once we have reached maximum capacity. We will not allow patrons to re-enter the facility once they have left.
The Swim Center will be open rain or shine. If lightning, thunder, or heavy hail/rain occurs, the Swim Center will be closed immediately. The Swim Center may close at any time without notice due to program changes, weather conditions, or emergency situations.
Swim Diaper Policy:
Any child that is not completely potty trained must wear an approved swim diaper while swimming in our facility. To avoid pool closure and/or the cancellation of your swimming lesson/program, please remember to have your child visit the restroom periodically throughout your swim time.
- Lifeguards spend more than 25 hours getting certified and trained 1 time a month, year-round to ensure that they are ready for any emergency situation.
- If you have questions or comments about our facility please feel free to talk with our Sr. Lifeguards (dressed in red).
- The Hercules Swim Center is a year-round facility that offers programs and activities for adults and children.
- Our main pool consists of 300,000 gallons of water & our play pool consists of 30,000 gallons of water.
- The Hercules Swim Center was built in 1991, making this our 25th year of operation.
- Both pools are heated when in use, at approximately 78-82 degrees.
Participants must obey posted rules and oral instruction from the aquatics staff at all times; failure to comply will result in being asked to leave the facility without a refund.
- Children 9 years and under must be accompanied by a guardian 18 years or older.
- Children 6 years and under must be supervised and within arms reach of a guardian; failure to follow this rule will result in both the child and guardian being asked to leave the facility.
- Only US Coast Guard approved life vests may be worn, with adult supervision.
- Noodles and small diving toys are permitted during recreation swim hours. No other toys or flotation devices permitted.
- Smoking, alcohol and glass containers are not permitted.
- Swimsuits are required to enter the pool. No cutoff shorts, basketball shorts, or street clothes.
- No photograph or recording equipment allowed in poll area or locker rooms.
- NO DIAPERS are allowed. Infants must wear a waterproof/swim diaper with tight fitted elastic around each leg.
- The City will close the pool facility if there is: thunder and/or lighting, heavy rain and/or hail, high winds, mechanical failure, or environmental hazards.
|Winter Holiday Break
|Pool Plaster Project
||Pool Closed |
Public Swim has ended! Check back with us in 2017 for summer hours.
Lap Swim / Water Walking Therapy (Ages 14 and Up)
This program is designed for swimmers looking for a cardiovascular workout through swimming laps or water walking, and for participants who are looking for a location to complete their therapy routine. Swimmers may be asked to circle swim or move to designated lap lanes as needed; please ask for assistance.
||Youth & Seniors (55+) $4.00/$5.00|
||Pool Closed for Pool Plaster Project|
*Above dates and times are subject to change without notice
Individual Swim Passes
Use swim passes for Lap Swim/Water Walking Therapy, and Public Swim hours. These passes do not expire and are for individual use.
|Type of Pass
Pool Party Rental
Come and experience a wonderful party by renting out the Swim Center. You may choose to have a public swim pool party or a private swim pool party. View our swim pool party page for more information.
Lifeguard Training Class
Want to become a lifeguard? Sign up for this course and you can become a lifeguard in less than 25 hours! After you complete this course you will receive certifications in CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, and Lifeguard Training for the Professional Rescuer. Pre-requisite: must be at least 15 years or older by the last day of the course; on the first day of the course participants must be able to swim 300 yards nonstop and retrieve a 10lb brick from 7 feet of water and return to the designated point within 1 minute 40 seconds and be able to tread water for 2 minutes - legs only. No current classes are available, check back with us soon for class dates!
Jr. Lifeguard Camp
This camp is designed to give individuals the opportunity to train and prepare to became a future lifeguard. This course will focus on physical fitness, each individual will be introduced to advanced lifeguard skills including rescues and becoming certified in CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer. This course includes a Jr. Lifeguard shirt and summer volunteer opportunities. No current camps are available, check back with us soon for camp dates!
When you take Aqua Zumba, a bathing suit and towel is required and a bottle of water is recommended. Join us for a Zumba party like a never before and you don't even need to know how to swim. This is definitely not your typical water workout; shake, shimmy and sizzle in the water as we create some heat, Zumba Style. What is all the talk about Aqua Zumba anyways? Aqua Zumba is a safe, effective, and challenging water-based workout that integrates the Zumba formula and philosophy into traditional aqua fitness. Don't be fooled, this is not your normal aqua class. The moves are intense. Latin dance rhythms are incorporated into this class. Exercise movements including hamstring curls, Zumba shuffle, kicking, twisting and clapping. *Water shoes are recommended for your safety; you may purchase these from Walmart, Target, or any sport store. For fees, dates, and to sign up use our online registration.