The City of Hercules is seeking interested residents to fill a vacancy on the Finance Commission.
Finance Commission – One Vacancy with term ending December 2018
The Finance Commission meets on the fourth Monday of every month at 7 p.m. in the Hercules City Council Chambers located at 111 Civic Drive, Hercules, CA 94547.
The Commission is advisory to the Council and has the following duties:
- Quarterly review of City’s financial status; review and comment on audit reports, the proposed operating budget and the capital improvement program budgets.
- Makes recommendations to the Council with respect to budget priorities.
- Advises the Council on matters of policy and public interest related to the management of the City’s finances and budget.
- Serves as the Oversight Committee for Measure “A,” including providing an annual report, to ensure that utility user tax funds are spent in accordance with the voter approved measure adopted in June 2013.
- Serves as the Oversight Committee for Measure “O,” including providing an annual report, to ensure that the sales tax revenues approved by Hercules voters are spent in accordance with the voter approved measure adopted in June 2012.
Application forms for the Finance Commission may be obtained and filed on-line from the City's website at www.ci.hercules.ca.us.
Applications should be submitted no later than June 30, 2017. Contact Lori Martin, City Clerk, at 510.799.8215 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.