The City of Hercules recognizes and supports community-based nonprofit organizations that improve and enhance the quality of life for the residents of Hercules. The goals and benefits of recognizing non-profit organizations include:
- Assisting these organizations by providing special fee rates for use of City Facilities.
- Ensuring that public facilities are used for the welfare of the residents of Hercules.
- Encouraging and assisting nonprofit community groups to complete projects and interact socially to the benefit of the whole community.
- Encouraging ongoing community involvement with City government.
- Coordinating a shared vision of this community’s future.
Homeowner Associations and Neighborhood Watch Programs are not considered nonprofit community organizations for the purposes of this policy. However, these organizations are eligible for a discounted facility rental rate through the City’s Master Fee Resolution.
Community nonprofit organizations interested in becoming a City of Hercules nonprofit group should refer to the Nonprofit Group Recognition Policy. For more information contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 510-799-8291.
2017 City Approved Nonprofit Organizations
Community organizations may now also participate in the Adopt-A-Park/Adopt-A-Trail program to obtain their required volunteer hours. Fill out the below forms and join us today!
Last updated: 11/2/2017 1:31:17 PM