What is Business Watch?
Business Watch primarily establishes links among small businesses, and between them and the police. Basically, Business Watch is businesses (sometimes with community groups), taking systematic steps to reduce opportunities for crimes in and around business locations. It includes training business personnel to be eyes and ears for the police. In Business Watch areas, crime prevention police officers and business leaders assist business owners, operators, and employees in:
- Reporting crime - effectively observing and reporting to police on crimes and suspicious activities that could lead to crime
- Operation Identification - marking all equipment, machines, etc., with traceable identification numbers for deterrence and tracing
- Robbery prevention - eliminating “easy prey” crime opportunities
- Burglary prevention - adding security measures to impede criminals, detect criminal activity, and communicate with the police
- Self protection - learning to recognize dangerous situations, and learning how to prevent, avoid, or flee them.
Why Business Watch?
Business Watch programs often have a business leader act as the block security chief for the participating businesses. The Neighborhood Watch Coordinator and/or a Police Officer are usually assigned to be the liaison with the Business Watch Group.
For more information on Business Watch, please contact 510-799-8260.
Last updated: 10/25/2017 8:32:18 PM