Whether you are moving just around the corner or across the country, moving can be a difficult and overwhelming experience. To assist with your relocation, here are some of the resources to help get settled in your new home in Hercules:
The City of Hercules is served by several of the regions top-scoring public schools through both the West Contra Costa Unified School District and the John Swett Unified School District.
If you’re looking for a place to live in Hercules, or need housing assistance, check out the following:
- Contra Costa County Assisted Rental Units lists available rental units throughout the County as well as in Hercules.
- The San Francisco Chronicle's classified section at sfgate.com has information about housing in the Bay Area. Enter the appropriate city in the box.
- The Greater San Francisco Bay Model Home Tour.
- The Housing Authority of the County of Contra Costa provides rental subsidies and manages and develops affordable housing for low-income families, seniors, and persons with disabilities in Contra Costa County, and provides an online list of available rental units.
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
901 Nevin Avenue
Richmond, CA 94801
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital
975 Sereno Drive
Vallejo, CA 94589
Water service is provided by East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD). There is a fee for setting up a new account. You may telephone the Customer Service Office at (866) 403-2683. They will need your name, address, whether you own or are renting, your employer and your home and work telephone numbers.
Garbage and Recycling
Every residence is required to have curbside garbage collection. The fees vary depending on size and number of cans you have. Contact Richmond Sanitary Services at (510) 262-7100, 3260 Blume Drive, Richmond, for more information. The West Contra Costa Integrated Waste Management Authority, also provides mobile collection services for seniors and disabled residents. For more information call 1-888 412-9277.
Electricity and Gas
Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) provides electricity and gas service to Hercules residences and businesses. They would like a one-week notice for connecting service at your new address. Call them at 1-800-PGE-5000. A deposit is required to establish services.
The daily newspaper for Hercules is the West County Times. You may subscribe by calling (510) 758-8400.
Hercules has many modes of transportation available to its residents including buses, airports and major highways. The City is also working on an Intermodal Transit Center which will include train, bus and ferry services.