What Do I Need to Submit?
- Three (3) complete sets of plans must be submitted. The plans must be drawn on substantial paper (minimum 24” X 36”) exactly as the building is to be constructed. Defaced, incomplete, indefinite, or faded plans shall not be approved. A separate copy of the site plan and floor plan(s) is required for the Contra Costa County Assessor.
- Two (2) sets of Title 24 Energy Calculations must be submitted and adhered, copied or otherwise affixed to the plans.
- Two (2) sets of geotechnical report.
- Two (2) sets of engineering calculations.
What Information is Required on the Plans?
- Signature and stamp on all documents by design professional.
- Name, title, registration, address and phone number of design professionals.
- Project name and address, project owners’ name, address and phone number.
- Applicable codes and editions.
- Description of scope of work.
- Occupancy group and type of construction.
- Allowable area calculations.
- Gross area by floor, and building height.
- Index of drawings.
- Scale for all drawings and details.
- Lot dimensions showing parcel, property lines and street locations.
- Building footprint with all projections and distance to property lines.
- Location of easements and utilities.
- Parking layout, driveway locations and sidewalk design. (Fully detail all disabled access features.
- Locate existing fire hydrants within 500 feet of the project.
- Vicinity location map and North arrow.
- Existing and proposed grading plan. (detail top(s) and toe(s) of slopes)
- Pad elevation and ground slope drainage scheme & topographic plan drawn to 5’0” contours.
- Accessory structures, walkways, swimming pools, etc. (Including disabled access features
- Architectural floor plans with unit and building plans.
- Disabled access features fully detailed and dimensioned.
- Exit locations, paths and lighting.
- Exterior elevations.
- Window schedule: detail egress, safety glazing locations and skylights with I.C.C. evaluation numbers.
- Door schedule: list sizes and types (detail fire ratings, hardware, closers and thresholds).
- Flashing: Vertical and vertical to horizontal junctures of materials.
- Roof: Eaves, overhangs, rake and gables.
- Cabinet elevations.
- Floor changes, i.e. slab to wood frame flashing detail.
- Handrails, guardrails and support details.
- Details of sound separation. Interior and exterior if a sound study is required.
- Details of fire separations with assembly numbers and sections.
- Details all fire penetrations and openings including assembly numbers.
- Section of fire rated corridor, door ratings and smoke/fire damper locations.
- Stairway rise and run, framing, attachment and dimensions of members.
- Foundation and structural floor and roof framing plan.
- Structural material specifications.
- Typical cross-sections in each directions ( where necessary)
- Sheer wall and hold down plan, including necessary tables (wall type, nailing, anchor bolts, sill nailing, transfer connections etc.)
- Fireplaces: masonry or prefab fireplaces with I.C.C. numbers.
- Footings, piers and grade beams.
- Post and girder intersections.
- Structural sections with details at foundation, floor and roof level.
- Shear transfer and hold down bolt details.
- Roof framing plan w/truss I.D. numbers for each building.
- Specify truss manufacturer.
- Detail truss splices, connections, plate sizes and hangers.
- Stamp and signature by truss design engineer.
- Truss plans and layout to be reviewed and stamped. “No Exception Taken” by building design engineer/architect.
- Site utility plan and sizing calculations.
- Waste and vent plan and sizing calculations.
- Water piping sizing and calculations.
- Roof drain plan and sizing calculations.
- Condensate drain plan and hydronics piping plan.
- HVAC plan (location, size, duct layout and smoke/fire dampers locations.
- Environmental and product conveying duct plan.
- Gas piping and sizing calculations.
- Load calculations and panel schedule.
- One line diagram including wire and conduit sizes.
- T-24 Energy: CF-1R & MF-1R completed, signed and printed on plans.
- CF-GR & insulation certificate attached to plans.
- Performance analysis and back-up forms included.
Separate Plans and Permits
- Automatic fire sprinklers, smoke detection systems, fire alarm systems and hazmat.
- Pools and spas.
- Proposed accessory structures.
- Demolition permits for existing structures.
- Additional grading plans, clean water program compliance forms and permits may also be required.