Parking Citation Information
To pay a citation mail payment (check or money order) to Citation Processing Center, PO Box 10479, Newport Beach, CA 92658-0479 or you can log on to www.CitationProcessingCenter.com.
To contest a citation you must write a letter to the Citation Payment Center stating your views of why the citation is invalid.
All citation payments or contests are due 21 days from the date of the citation issuance. For further information or questions, you may call (800) 989-2058.
If you fail to pay or appeal a citation as directed, vehicle registration may be withheld. Repeated unpaid parking citations may result in the vehicle being towed and/or impounded.
Request for Payment Plan
Registered owners have an option to enroll in a Standard Payment Plan or a Low Income Payment Plan Indigent Payment Plan. Proof of low income status must be provided.
A person is indigent if they meet any of the following conditions:
- The person meets the income criteria set forth in subdivision(b) of Section 68632 of the Government Code.
- The person receives public benefits from any of the programs listed in subdivision (a) of Section 68632 of the Government Code.
Government Code Section 68632 Section (a):
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- California Work Opportunity (CalWorks)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps)
- County Relief, General Relief (GR) or General Assistance (GA)
- Cash Assistance Program for Aged, Blind and Disabled Legal Immigrants
- In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS)
Section (b): An applicant whose monthly income is 125 percent or less of the current poverty guidelines updated periodically in the Federal Register by the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
Proof of Indigence
The person may demonstrate that he or she is indigent by providing either of the following information, as applicable:
- Proof of income from a pay stub or another form of proof of earnings, such as a bank statement that shows the Individual meets the income criteria set forth in subdivision (b) of Section 68632 of the Government Code.
- Proof of receipt of benefits under the programs described i n subdivision (a} of Section 68632 of the Government Code. Proof of receipt will consist of a copy of the most recent Verification of Benefits form, Notice of Action (Approval) Letter or Award Letter.
**If person has no income or does not receive Public Assistance, a copy of their yearly earnings from the Social Security Department is required for proof**
City of Hercules Request for Payment Plan (PDF printable form to be returned with supporting documents to the citation processing center)
Speed Trailer Request
The City of Hercules Radar Speed Trailer is equipped with a radar, vehicle speed display, and a speed limit sign. The trailer is utilized to help educate drivers of their speed to assist in slowing traffic down. The trailer is deployed in areas where there is a tendency for increased speeds and areas where speed complaints are received. The device also has the ability to provide analytical data for traffic flow and speed.
To request a traffic speed trailer be dispatched to your neighborhood for potential speeding issues, please fill out the Traffic Speed Trailer Request Form